Secondary Leadership Network
The purpose of the Secondary Leadership Network is to develop a strong and eclectic network of Headteachers who enjoy:
- sharing ideas
- visiting high performing schools nationally
- discussing and debating ways to improve schools
- understanding the regional context
The following clear set of principles will underpin the work of the network:
For the past decade there have been examples of successful schools collaborating, leading to significant improvements. Examples include London Challenge in the UK and Uncommon Schools & KIPP from the US.
With an overwhelming volume of innovations, new theories and polarised opinions, this network will seek out and scrutinise both the latest and long-standing best practice in this country and abroad, with a view to providing a practical and well-informed approach to improvement within our schools.
Support and Challenge:
As a group, we will support and challenge each other to both devise and enact critical developments within our schools and ensure that we know the efficacy of these acts.
The progrmame will consiste of the following:
- At least six sessions over a year, beginning in October 2020; which will be a blend of online and face-to-face events, linked, where possible, to other key meetings attended by Headteachers.
- Built into the network experience will be visits to high performing / rapidly improving schools nationally.
- One-to-one support via follow up sessions will be offered from network leads to fit in with your school’s needs and desires.
- We will also seek to engage with existing groups such as regional MAT leader conferences if the situation allows.
The content can be flexible to reflect the priorities and interests of the network members.
Led by experienced Headteachers Tim Harris (Colyton Grammar School), Steve Margetts (Torquay Academy) and Tim Rutherford (West Exe School), the programme is for established Secondary Headteachers from all career stages and includes all secondary school types and all Ofsted ratings.
|Event Date||Multiple Date Event|
|Individual Price||TSSW Members FREE | Other Colleagues £95 per delegate|